Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Wikicize!

I have a little wikipedia experiment going on...

It is in two parts.

Part the First: I have edited a page about China to (accurately) reflect the truth about one of the most polluted cities on earth.

I am waiting to see how long it might take to get taken down. Whether deservedly or not, it probably will get struck with an edit attempt... This most polluted city is listed at this link... Taiyuan.

I'd like to hear your stories about potentially being edited on a wiki-format to be reduced from telling the truth to watching a lie.

Before I edited the Taiyuan page, the only mentions of environment were related to the awesomeness of the parks. You might see the sentence I added. (BTW, if anyone has a good guide on markup rules and cribsheets for Wikipedia editing please send them. That would be great.)

So there you go.

The second project, still to be fully implemented, will involve some of you who know your marching orders already. Your orders await. Results will follow.

No comments: