Friday, March 11, 2011

Slightly Barf-ey

I have gone through periods in my life where I cycled pretty avidly. I was never particularly fast, but I got by.

Since moving, I refitted my old Schwinn beater road bike to get to and from the train station. Downhill pretty much all the way there, and uphill all the way back. It's barely over a mile, but the extent of my decay has been notable insofar as I feel like I'm going to throw up every ride home I've taken. I think it might be getting easier, and can only hope that it ends up feeling like it's not a total challenge to ride a bike uphill for a mile. Sometime this summer, I pray that it will be more fun than a pure hope that the prickly feeling in my mouth and throat won't result in me giving up my lunch by the roadside.

The technicolor smile has not visited my return ride yet, but it has felt painfully near this week.

Hope abides.

No comments: